New City is a hamlet in the town of Clarkstown, Rockland County, New York, United States, part of the New York Metropolitan Area. An affluent suburb of New York City, the hamlet is located 18 miles (29 km) north of the city at its closest point, Riverdale, Bronx. Within Rockland County, New City is located north of Bardonia, northeast of Nanuet, east of New Square and New Hempstead, south of Garnerville and Haverstraw village, and west, straight across Lake DeForest, of Congers.
Some historical markers and places of interest:
Schools in New City:
- Collyer Farm Pond & New City Park – Collyer Avenue and Lake Drive
- H. R. Stevens House – 234 Congers Road
- The Jacob Blauvelt House, 20 Zukor Road
- Rockland County Court House, 1 South Main Street
- Martinus Hogenkamp Cemetery, South Little Tor Road
- One Germonds, 1 Germonds Road
- Coe's Tavern – Formerly at northeast corner of Route 45 & New Hempstead Road – On two occasions Continental Army troops encamped here. Major Tallmadge and his dragoons halted here when taking Joshua Hett Smith and Major John André from West Point to Tappan in 1780.
- Cropsey Farm, 230 Little Tor Road – This is one of the five remaining vegetable and fruit farms in Rockland County. The farmhouse and its twin, China Echo farmhouse, were built of native red sandstone around 1769 by the Blauvelt brothers and is one of the oldest existing barns in the county.
For more information about New City and the neighborhood , call a Q Home Sales Representative 845-35Q-HOME (845-357-4663)
New City Properties
- Chestnut Ridge
- New City
- New Hempstead
- Pearl River
- Spring Valley
- Stony Point
- Valley Cottage
- Wesley Hills
- West Haverstraw
- West Nyack
The source of the displayed data is either the property owner or public record provided by non-governmental third parties. It is believed to be reliable but not guaranteed. This information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of the Multiple Listing Service of Long Island, Inc.